In order to rent a boat
We qualify every single customer to ensure that there will be no accidents or injuries on our boats. We take this seriously and make no exceptions. When you book online, please fill in your prior boating experience including size / types of boats, locations, knowledge of essential markers and marine navigation. If you book online HAVE NOT RENTED from LIBR before, the boat operator MUST CALL OR TEXT 516-761-0840 within 48 hours after booking online to discuss their prior boating experience or we may cancel the reservation.
All renters must meet the following requirements:
- The Renter must meet our Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with boats 21′ or larger in coastal waters similar to the Long Island Sound (Note: Lake experience is not sufficient to rent any boat other than the 13′ Boston Whaler or the Hobie Cat Wave, available for use in Manhasset Bay only)
- Knowledge of navigation rules and required safety equipment
- Knowledge of the U.S. Aids to Navigation System and essential markers
- Experience plotting and navigating using marine GPS
- The Renter must be 18 or older
- The Renter must have a valid drivers license
- The Renter is required to review, agree to the terms and sign the LIBR Rental Contract & COVID Safety Form 2020(PDF)
Cancellations with less than 48 hour notice will have a “store credit” only, for use in the current season. LIBR does not offer refunds due to inclement weather or mechanical breakdown, we offer rebooking within the same season. If the weather is deemed inclement or there is a mechanical issue, there will be a ““store credit” on file for the unused rental time, to be used during the current season. Please take this into account if you are coordinating guest schedules, visiting from out-of-town or do not have plans to return later the same season; there are no refunds for inclement weather. Gift cards can only be returned within the first 24 hours after purchasing.