Book Bareboat Rentals and Classes Online
You can operate our 21′ to 27′ rental boats on their own, given that the operator meets knowledge and experience requirements. Our 21′-27′ bareboat rentals are available for experienced boaters to enjoy on their own, without a captain. If you don’t have prior boating experience but you want to rent a 21′-27′ bareboat on your own, our training classes cover the hands on skills to operate a boat and reserve a rental.
Charter the “Elixir” Party Yacht
Host your special event on Elixir, our luxury party yacht for up to 24 guests! We have two early-summer specials on on our charter packages if you book by 6/31/22. Text or call 516-761-0840 to book or to have discounts applied to online bookings.
Save on Charters of 16 Guests or Less
Save on Weekday Charters up to 24 Guests
“Elixir” Yacht Charters are Bookable Online NOW!
Don’t miss the boat!
Use our waitlist to request dates for captained rentals & yacht charters (up to 6 passengers), our “Flarty” (not available in 2022) and our new party yacht “ELIXIR“.
Use our Waitlist for Captained Rentals
Captained rentals and yacht charters for up to 6 passengers are bookable online with one week in advance or you can use our waitlist to request charter dates.
ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR WAITLIST
RENTAL SCHEDULES & COVID PRECAUTIONS
**We are operating on a new schedule for 2022. Text 516-761-0840 with your name when you arrive for your rental.**
We have made changes to our procedures, rental schedules and policies to allow for additional disinfecting and social distancing. Policies, schedules and prices are subject to change without notice.
Only Captained Rentals and Yacht Charters can operate outside of these hours. Captained rentals and yacht charters are ALWAYS a maximum capacity of 6 passengers, no exceptions.
**Text 516-761-0840 with your name when you arrive for your rental.**
- Clients can stay in or near their vehicle until we text you your boat is ready.
- Clients can practice social distancing or wear a face mask if they prefer.
Thank you for your cooperation. Stay safe!
Bareboat Rentals: Boating Experience Requirements
We qualify every single customer to ensure that there will be no accidents or injuries on our boats. We take this seriously and make no exceptions. When you book online, please fill in your prior boating experience including size / types of boats, locations, knowledge of essential markers and marine navigation. If you book online HAVE NOT RENTED from LIBR before, the boat operator MUST CALL OR TEXT 516-761-0840 within 48 hours after booking online to discuss their prior boating experience or we may cancel the reservation.
All renters must meet the following requirements:
- The Renter must meet our Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with boats 21′ or larger in coastal waters similar to the Long Island Sound (Note: Lake experience is not sufficient to rent any boat other than the 13′ Boston Whaler or the Hobie Cat Wave, available for use in Manhasset Bay only)
- Knowledge of navigation rules and required safety equipment
- Knowledge of the U.S. Aids to Navigation System and essential markers
- Experience plotting and navigating using marine GPS
- The Renter must be 18 or older
- The Renter must have a valid drivers license
- The Renter is required to review, agree to the terms and sign the LIBR Rental Contract & COVID Safety Form 2020(PDF)
Cancellations with less than 48 hour notice will have a “store credit” only, for use in the current season. LIBR does not offer refunds due to inclement weather or mechanical breakdown, we offer rebooking within the same season. If the weather is deemed inclement or there is a mechanical issue, there will be a ““store credit” on file for the unused rental time, to be used during the current season. Please take this into account if you are coordinating guest schedules, visiting from out-of-town or do not have plans to return later the same season; there are no refunds for inclement weather. Gift cards can only be returned within the first 24 hours after purchasing.